Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you guys that have done the swap what is the average cost of the 4.3 with computer and all the wiring?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
It depends on what version of the 4.3 you get...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Carb'd, TBI'd, TPI'd?, CPI'd?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Got my '97 CSFI for $800 complete, and a Howell harness for $600, done, purrs like a kitten. $1400, but, then theres the aluminum radiator, plugs, wires, time, air filter, etc, so I'll just call it an even 2k.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
McSoo said:
Carb'd, TBI'd, TPI'd?, CPI'd?
um, let me enlighten you

crab , tbi, cpi ,scpi

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
jesselt said:
Got my '97 CSFI for $800 complete, and a Howell harness for $600, done, purrs like a kitten. $1400, but, then theres the aluminum radiator, plugs, wires, time, air filter, etc, so I'll just call it an even 2k.
Lets not forget to tell the kiddies it also depends on what trans you run behind the 4.3, that will also have an influence on the cost's....

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Im not trying to step on anyones toes or hijack the post, but I do have a drivetrain for sale that would be bad ass for a Toyota truck/runner if anyone is interested. '95 Vortech 4.3 CPI/4L60E/23spline Toy gear driven case. Comes with stainless headers, brand new Painless harness in box, computer, some misc stuff. Motor has (38,000 original miles), tranny and Tcase have been gone through, hd parts in the tranny, stock converter. I will take $2250 for everything, you pick up. PM or e-mail me if interested. I had this for sale in the for sale section for a long time and had many bites, but all my buyers have backed out. I may repost it there if anyones puss starts to hurt since I posted here:p .

[email protected]

Ricky

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
your post is fine since it is revelent to the question.

my 4.3 cost:

i bought every single part of my 4.3 brand new

4.3 crate motor 1700
computer 300
throttle body 300
headers 400
edelbrock intake 200
cam 225
painless harness 350
all new censors 400
aluminum raditior 200
black magic fan 200
billet march pullys 700
highamp alt 300
fuel pump 200
msd iginition 400
centerforce clutch 200

oh ya almost forgot the nos :D 500

to afraid to add that up but there is a rough estimate what a brand new mildly built motor will cost ya.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Right now I have just about everything I need. Granted, I didn't pay for hardly any of it because somebody owed me money.

Complete '98 Vortec 4.3 with 900miles on it
Complete harness from S10
Complete exhaust from S10

Total was $1000

Harness modification for stand alone,computer & computer tweaking, VSS, & Signal modifiier. $600

Rebuilt 700R4 with GM updates, new factory stall convertor & B&M Cooler. $700

Advance Adapter kit to retain Toyota t-case & new output shaft. $500

Toyota radiator with inlet/outlet swapped to opposite sides. $80

The only thing I paid for was the transmission.:D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
my 4.3's for sale.. built tbi.. complete with ecu, wiring harness, accessories, etc. etc... missing couple small things like starter..
i'm asking $750 for everything ready to go..

a th350/toycase combo on the back of it for $350

i paid $400 for a built longblock with tbi intake manifold
i pain $250 for a tbi 4.3 with a spun rod bearing but FULLY complete
$100 for conversion motor mounts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts