Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about done my swap: 95 Vortec into 90 4runner. When I took the toy v6 out, I took all the wiring and computer out with it. Now I need to hook up the gm starter and I am wondering how to do the ignition wire to the starter. I found the wire in the remaining harness. It's a black wire in the plug connector by the pass. floor panel where the computer was. Can I run a new wire from there to the starter or are there relays or anything else in between? Please, if you don't want to help just pass by and dont pummel me with "SEARCH NEWBIE!". I already did. Thanks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Souns simple to me unless there is something i don't see. Just wire it to you ignition switch. Do ya got wire cutters and connectors? I'm gonna assume you must be running some aftermarket harness, cause, well, if you could modify a stock one, you could figure this out easy enough. So, when you wire in the switchable power to the computer, wire the start wire to the starter.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
jesselt said:
Souns simple to me unless there is something i don't see. Just wire it to you ignition switch. Do ya got wire cutters and connectors? I'm gonna assume you must be running some aftermarket harness, cause, well, if you could modify a stock one, you could figure this out easy enough. So, when you wire in the switchable power to the computer, wire the start wire to the starter.
You are making it more complicated, just run it from the dash/engine harness plug on the pass side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts