Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give some advice on swaping in a newer V8 in an s10 with a 4.3 it's an 01 excab 2wd getting rocks and 46" tires I live in oklahoma and we don't have emissions yet. I'm on a budget and already looking for a 5.3 or 6.0 motor is this a good start? i;m using the stock trans and beefing it up but I'm not totally sure about the computer or wireing so I can use my stock gauges..:confused:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Jags that run will gladly sell you a book for about $20 plus shipping that covers just about everything you need to know. Google JTR.:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
youmighttrylookingat5.7'sinsteadofthe5.3or6.0IthinkthemotormountsaredifferentonthenewermotorsThere'salsotonsofinformationoutthereaboutthisswapsoyoumightgoogleabit.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
youmighttrylookingat5.7'sinsteadofthe5.3or6.0IthinkthemotormountsaredifferentonthenewermotorsThere'salsotonsofinformationoutthereaboutthisswapsoyoumightgoogleabit.
You ever hear of the space bar?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
A 2wd is easier than a 4wd. Jags that run has a website that has some pictures of completed trucks. Take a look around there for starters.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 5.3 is the easiest swap that i have ever done, If you get the fuse block and computer out of the donor, all you need is three wires to the bottom of the fuse block and it runs. Its not that bad to mount the fuse block and my brother does all my computer work. He's good and reasonable. He can turn off everything that needs it and can put a performance tune in the computer.
Just pm me if you need any more help.

·
From Stock to Rock
1,779 Posts
Check out John Loyd's 4x4 and more in Missouri they have complete ready to run 5.3 1600$ harness computer and a 4 wire hookup ready to go cant beat that price and they work great have done a few of them at my shop.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:smokin:thanks for the info guys you are must more help then the s10.com guys were they just told me to look it up and basicly fu*k off...Pirate 4x4 ROCKS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts