Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the 4.3 is in, and now I need a lower radiator hose to go to the stock 3.0 radiator. (I'd rather not spend $200 on a radiator, or swap outlets at this point.) I was told there is a hose that would work. After spending 2 hours looking, I couldn't find it. Does anybody have a part number?? Or, has anybody else overcome this problem?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Use a universal flexible hose. Measure your H2O pump inlet and radiator outlet. Guess length and head to auto parts store. I used one on mine and have had it for six years with no problem.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Use a universal flexible hose. Measure your H2O pump inlet and radiator outlet. Guess length and head to auto parts store. I used one on mine and have had it for six years with no problem.
I have also used those on a few rigs----but you have to be very careful and make sure they make no contact with anything--they are very susceptible to rubbing a pin hole in them

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, when I gave up on finding a formed hose, I couldn't find a flex hose that would work either. I guess I'll just have to check a different manufacturer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
671 Posts
i swapped outlets on mine, but couldnt you by one of those braided stainless hose kits they sell at summit?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
not sure if this will help but i went old school on my hose set-up. i bent up some tubing for my elbos and then used short peices of hose to connect the rad and water pump to the tube. no worries about loosing a hose now. got the idea from my friends 70 blazer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts