Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 4.3 vortec, the number one injector is spraying like a super soaker instead of a fine mist. I have a 98 harness with a 97 computer. jims performance walked me through changing the pin outs to make the two work...after redoing the pinouts the rig ran liek a champ for a couple runs. went over the rubicon and all the sudden my overspraying issue returned...but how, the pinouts are all secure in their locations still. No wires are frayed and grounding. i also have a brand new spider injection system (the upgraded one, not the poppet style) and the fuel system holds pressure so its not a stuck open injector...something is triggering it to open too much...anyone have a clue?

let me know if i left out any info

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated spider came from oriely auto, it's a Bosch unit I think (maybe) it changes the slider from a poppet injection to a multi port injection...something is causing it to over fire otherwise it would either not fire at all or never stop firing and be stuck open (which would cause me to lose fuel pressure). So I'm leaning towards a bad signal of some sorts...just not sure how to check it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts