Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:homer:Building a little creation and trying to decide what motor would be best. Help me out guru's :smokin: What I am currently sitting on is a dana 60 frt. 14 bolt rear. sm 420 trans, dana 300 tcase. 38" TSL's. 68 cj-5 frame. Tube cage body. axles have 5.38 ratios. My question is on just a trail rig, in low range most of the time, is the 4.3 going to handle most of my tasks, or should I go BIGGER :D 4.3 is more in my price range :) and I'm not that throttle happy these days. so help me choose please :homer:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Shop around and get the 5.3, they can be had cheap. I got mine complete for $800 (harness, ECU, accessories, etc). It was only 18 months old with 20K miles.

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Do you mean 4.8 ? There is no comparison between the 6 and the 8.

I got my complete 5.3 for $500 and spent 450 on having the computer reprogrammed and the harness modified by speartech.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I was meaning the 4.3 Was basically asking If I need the extra power or not. Can you guys tell me what the 5.3's came in. I would assume full size chevy's?

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Full size chevys and very prevelant in the tahoe. Dont get the destroked 4.8 though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts