Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , who's running a vortec and a 700r4? which is best setup for crawling and street, setting up a detent cable or going with a manual valve body and no cable? Does anybody make a bracket for a vortec 4.3 with a detent cable? I am putting a 4.3 vortec in a cj7, going to build a 700r4 and adapt it to a dana 300. The trans setup is next, I like the reverse pattern manual valve body by TCI, but the trans shop is warning me of drivability problems on the street. He also is saying that I shouln't run a lockup convertor with the manual valve body, why not? I want to be able to drive it on short trips to ride but will trailer for longer trips. I searched but couldn't find anything on the detent setup for a vortec. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The best setup is to loose the detent cable and setup the governor all the way open. The problem with 700 manual valve bodies is that they do not have engine braking and will coast. I have the reverse pattern at my sho and tossed it aside, I would sell it if you wanted it. The best kit is the the transgo kit with full manual and engine braking. Its just a kit for your valve body and will require alot of setup. Remove the detent and go with a preset throttle valve, the shifts will be firm but you can run it on the street.

I would also run a TH350 center support and stack extra clutches in the forward drum, I prefer the alto clutches.

If interested, I would be more than happy to build you one or answer any questions you have, just PM me.

Rusty
Powers Transmissions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts