Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Just to clarify, all I need is the computer labelled 16197427? And not the other mystery computer?

Considering they were both in the vehicle, I figured they were both needed.

What does the other computer thingy mabob do?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The 7427 is the PCM for drivetrain control and should be all you need. I'm not an S10 expert but can say my 04 Corvette has several computers and one that controls the security system and other functions. Do you have the key for this truck? Does it have a resistor pellet in it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I didn't get a key with the truck. They drilled it out and used a screwdriver to start it lol. It's a real peach :) but it runs well, all I cared about.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I purchased a 95 for exactly the same coin, self weeded the harness, that worked for a few years, i just didnt care for the hack look.

I ordered a new harness from Howell recently, money well spent! All they need is a pic of the ecm youll be using, they know what to do from there. Make sure you specify which O2 sensor youll be using!!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I purchased a 95 for exactly the same coin, self weeded the harness, that worked for a few years, i just didnt care for the hack look.

I ordered a new harness from Howell recently, money well spent! All they need is a pic of the ecm youll be using, they know what to do from there. Make sure you specify which O2 sensor youll be using!!
Did you reflash the PCM?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any further updates on this one? I have the same thing going on with mine. 1995 S10 Blazer donor I plan to swap into my 1995 YJ.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts