Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put in some 4.7 gears... Was thinking marlin, but they show out of stock on everything t-case related.

Would like to give my business to a local guy who is a Trail gear dealer. Are their gear sets any good? Seems hit or miss with TG these days. I've had good luck with a fair amount of their stuff so far.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
My trail gear 23/23 spline 4.7 duals is still alive in a friends truck. It's going on 10 years old. Have 3 friends with TG duals that are at least 6 to 7 years. Theirs still works as advertised.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know how long it typically takes Marlin to get stock. I can wait a little... but I want to knock it out while I'm motivated..

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Does anyone know how long it typically takes Marlin to get stock. I can wait a little... but I want to knock it out while I'm motivated..
Marlins shit is continually out of stock. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to get their shit together. A lot of their transfer case stuff seems like it has been out of stock for years now. :shaking:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I bought my tg 23 spline 4.7s a year and a half ago. No problems with them. I waited 4 months for marlin to get theirs in stock, and it never happened....

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Marlins shit is continually out of stock. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to get their shit together. A lot of their transfer case stuff seems like it has been out of stock for years now. :shaking:
Agreed, I really wanted to put some Marlin 4.7s in my truck when I had the cases out for a rebuild last year. It's been 8 months or so now and still not back in stock. I'm with you, I would prefer to support Marlin (and I like their features better), but the stock issue leaves no choice in the matter.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I ran all TG shit in my duals. Marlins crew lied to me about stock to make a $1200 sale. I had to wait a month for my parts. I was fucking pissed after spending close to $4,000 in 2 transactions and getting the run around. :shaking:

·
Registered
410 Posts
LowRange shows Marlin 4.7's available 1-2 weeks from date of order. I would call and see if thats accurate info before ordering though.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Depends on how busy his gear maker in Japan is. The same gear maker that made the gears for Toyota!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
What about Sumo gear? I see that Low Range off road carries them but I cant find any other info on them. Supposedly made in Japan. I am also waiting for Marlin to get the gears back in stock, I might say fuck it and try out the Sumo's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts