Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how many teeth are on a 4.7 input gear. I bought my toy with the cases already in it and just broke the input. it has a 4.70 shift knob on it but who knows if some idiot just slapped that on there to be cool. need to know if its 4.7 or 2.28 so I can order a new one. thanks

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Toyota parts

If the gear is small enough to be close to the same size as the teeth behind it, its 4.7. 2.28 is much larger

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The answer has Gotta be either in the newbie section or on the search button.
I just searched for 2 days trying to find info and didn't find anything so don't be a dick. if you can find something please feel free to prove me wrong.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I just searched for 2 days trying to find info and didn't find anything so don't be a dick. if you can find something please feel free to prove me wrong.

Hey douche.....

Answer could have been found in one second at marlincrawler.com.
Dont say you searched if you didnt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, in case someone else cant find anything this is a 2.28 input

2.28 T Case Input Gear
Thank you for your input. This was all I was looking for. After looking at those pictures I deffenitly have a 4.7. I have another question for you TOYOTAPARTS. I'm not sure who makes the original gears, would it be a problem to mix match gears. For example if mine is trail gear can I run the marlin input?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya aint been here long have ya!?:rolleyes:

Don't worry Dave's got ya covered.
I've been around for a while but don't post much, I try to read as much as possible so I don't have to ask dumb questions but this one Had me stumped. I just didn't want to order the wrong stuff. I just hate how people have to be a-holes instead of just answering a question and helping a fellow off roader out.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Thank you for your input. This was all I was looking for. After looking at those pictures I deffenitly have a 4.7. I have another question for you TOYOTAPARTS. I'm not sure who makes the original gears, would it be a problem to mix match gears. For example if mine is trail gear can I run the marlin input?
I would get another trail gear input.

But, you can try with a marlin input and be our test monkey.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would get another trail gear input.

But, you can try with a marlin input and be our test monkey.
Problem is I can't find any stamps on mine to figure out who makes them. There is no neck down after the splines which makes me think they are marlin but who knows how old they are and how many different changes the gears have gone through between companies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts