Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go from 4.10's to either 4.88's or 5.29's in my 1994 toyota pick up. Im running 35" tires right now and would like to be on 37's in the near future. I fear running 5.29's due to the strength factor how ever many would argue that strength really depends on how well the gear installation is done. I would ideally like to run 4.88's, but because i drive my rig to the trail most of the time 5.29's would certainly make driving up ICEHOUSE road on the way to the Rubicon a little easier on that poor little 22re of mine. Any suggestions or feed back?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,405 Posts
I am running 5.29's with 37's and a 22r in my toyota, it works pretty dang well, the speedo is about accurate and all that good jazz.

If you already Have 4.88's with the 35's, then it would be worthwhile to drive it with those gears and the 37s first, it won't cost you anything and is actually fairly close to a 5.29.

If you need new gears anyways, then I recommend the 5.29's. Mine are Genuine Gear (yukons cheap brand iirc). 99% of the time, setup is the key to strength.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm good input. I think ill just do 5.29's and get them professionally done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts