Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this sidekick the other day, already has a samurai axle swapped under the front, but was done by a high school kid who wasn't the best at welding. I plan on redoing all the front end before I even try to drive it. Also I have another TDI sitting in my garage, so I might swap that in too. Plans are a custom 5" prototype lift in the rear that was designed, but never released, and SPOA in the front. Supposedly has YJ's in front, but I haven't confirmed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after a few days of looking at this turd, I decided I didn't want to mess with it after all, so I resold it. This happened while loading it onto the trailer. The shackle got caught on the trailer, didn't even notice, it just bent the crap out of the bracket the kid had made!! LOL

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Spring perch

Well after a few days of looking at this turd, I decided I didn't want to mess with it after all, so I resold it. This happened while loading it onto the trailer. The shackle got caught on the trailer, didn't even notice, it just bent the crap out of the bracket the kid had made!! LOL

Boxed spring perch on my Sidekick.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Long story short, the sidekick I started this thread on ended up getting sold and probably scrapped. But just a couple days ago, I picked up a new project. Got it for doing some cleanup work for an aftermarket parts vendor. I also got a 2 door too in the deal. Both are 16 valve's, 5 speeds. 4 door has a 5" prototype lift that was designed but never released. Unfortunately the lift in the front isn't the best design, and only a few were ever produced and tested, and it had a lot of issues with alignment, tire wear, and blowing CV's. If I end up keeping the 4 door, I plan on redesigning and rebuilding the front end to be a little better. Also, I picked up a lock right ratchet locker as well for it, it was free, so I couldn't resist helping myself to it!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looking at the bolt on lower front cross member, it looks like the Pro-Comp 2.5" lift I had on my 4 door over 20 years ago before Calmini came out with their kit.
It was sold for a few years, even in the UK where I got it.
The concept was simple enough like all the other ifs lift kits.... Drop the wishbones with u channel.
If it is the Pro-Comp Kit there are a couple of fixes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More pix of the lift. Front is kinda goofy, not sure what all they have going on there, but the rear seems decent. Contemplating selling this rig already though lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts