Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the passenger side (still need to do this side.)

I did the driver side first cause it was about twice as bad:(

Attachments

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
So Toyota's rust out in Texas too 'eh?

Bondo Buggy!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
562 Posts
4hrs of waste

:barf: ANY ONE ELSE HEAR THE SOUND OF A SAWS-ALL IN THE BACK GROUND...:question: :rainbow: fAWK BONDOh BUCKETS, CUT IT....CUT THAT SHIZNIT OFF... END OF TROUBLE.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen everyone else weld some plate in there, but have yet to come by something that is cut all the way out. What's to keep all that Sh!t from just flapping around if I cut it say 4"? This is a D.D. for now but will be "converted".

·
Registered
186 Posts
Should have done the front fender swop... looks almost stock and it makes the fenders a tad wider too.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
WTF is :

86YOTA said:
Should have done the front fender swop... looks almost stock and it makes the fenders a tad wider too.
???

The bondo looks fine...cut too much of the russt out and there won't be anything to hold it all together.

Rawkpunx,
Take the bed off and then what? Yeah no bed makes it wheel better with the now weightless rearend and no rear traction. Most of the trucks weight is already upfront.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, I didn't mean to start a quarrel. I think the "bondo" (I used a 3M product) looks a lot better that a big ol rust hole.

Booger--I think I recall seeing your rig and it looks good. Can you show me some pics of your fenders?

86yota--fenders cost more money than bondo plus I believe they require wilding and what-not which I don't have right now.

Rawkpunx--that would not be feasable on a perfectly o.k. 4runner (besides the rear fenders:flipoff2: ) but maybe a chop one day!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Here's a shoot of Boogers ride. I think you were thinking of another truck since Booger doesn't even have any rear fenders. But on that I think you should cut it out and put in new metal.Bondo SUX'S and the rust will come back. Shurly you have a buddy that could weld some new skins in there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
TXLUGNUT said:
Now if I could make it look like that and keep it Street legal!
you can. but instead of spending your time doing it you are wasting it bondoing your pos and then wasting our time with bondo tech.

bondo on your rig is :rainbow:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
camo said:

wasting our time with bondo tech.

bondo on your rig is :rainbow:
You are:rainbow: .....Always got something negative to say.

If you have such great ideas and are the "GREAT" Camo:rolleyes:,
why don't you put some tech in here as to how I am supposed to cut it up and make it look.

JACKASS:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts
TXLUGNUT said:
You are:rainbow: .....Always got something negative to say.

If you have such great ideas and are the "GREAT" Camo:rolleyes:,
why don't you put some tech in here as to how I am supposed to cut it up and make it look.

JACKASS:flipoff2:
And I just sat down with a pepsi and a bag of popcorn. Must be my lucky day.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
if you just bondo over rust, the bondo will be lifting off the repaired areas within a few months as the area continues to rust. i get 2wd fenders for real cheap and if you cut into the wheel well anything over 2-3" it doesnt look like a weeny 2wd fender....

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
It looks great but, Paul's right, it won't last with all that rust underneath:rolleyes: My daughter's 85 4Runner has the same problem and I'm in the process of cutting out 2.5" of cancer riddled sheetmetal. I'll be welding in sheet metal to seal up the wheel well ;)

If you do a search on Fender Trimming in the Toy forum, you'll find a lot of very usefull information.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you guys are forgetting one thing...............

I live in TEXAS and this truck was originally from Colorado..

I think as long as it is covered pretty good, the rust won't return down here, since our weather doesn't really contribute to rust.

I could be wrong, and if it does return, I will chop it off
:D

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
How much are replacement fenders from the junk yard? Not very much. Slap on a set of fenders and be done with it. And that was a low shot a camo. Look at how many posts he has. Clearly he has contributed some tech.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
montezuma said:
And that was a low shot a camo. Look at how many posts he has. Clearly he has contributed some tech.
O.K. NEWBIE, I will bow down to Masta CAMO causen yous just scrairt the bejesus outta me. You're right, maybe I will just listen to Camo and try to be his MINI ME!:flipoff2:

I think me and Camo have done this before, No harm, No foul.

Lighten up NOOB!;)

BESIDES, Half of his posts are just calling other people's stuff :rainbow:.....:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts