Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering why i dont see any 4 linked xterra out there. is it just not a good rig to work with or is it just impossible.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Nissans don't have a lot of aftermarket parts available and there are only a bit more than a handful that are getting into things like that. I have seen one of two linked before and I expect to see a lot more of them in the near future.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Anything is possible with enough coin. I think there are a Few on Roninwheelers.com Go there ask around i'm sure you can get some info from those guys They are a good crowd

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
A 4 link on the front is hard to do with the oil pan on X's, they just drop down really low.. A 3 linked or radius arm type setup can be done pretty easy. A 4 Link in rear wouldn't be hard at all. Just gotta move the gastank.

·
Registered
543 Posts
3 link is much better with the space. A 4 link with panhard is possible though.

The wd22 has basically the same frame as the wd21.

This is my daily driver.

Go for it.:smokin:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i started out wheelin in my X , then when i got my jeep i started learning more about offroadin. i hope to someday turn more attention toward the nissan again, but i want to know why people havent 4 link them wit full width 60s yet. when i wheeled mine it seem too narrow never wanted to stay on all 4 but full width axles would help alot. still got big dream for that thing. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have never seen a road worthy inverted 4 link front on anything. Not sure if that is even been done.

To me that seems like a trail only setup. Xterra are still too new. Only seen a few full width Nissans on the trail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To 4 link the rear of an x you have to move a few things but it can be done.

Of course the spare tire has to go and then the gas tank either has to be moved or changed out. You can swap in an older pathfinder tank and then all the plugs remain the same. And it moves the tank to the back vs on the passenger side frame under the rear seats.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
My full width Dana 44 is a full 6 inches wider than the waggy axles that seem to be most popular (they're 61 inches WMS to WMS, right?).

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My full width Dana 44 is a full 6 inches wider than the waggy axles that seem to be most popular (they're 61 inches WMS to WMS, right?).

Right. The full widths under that xterra are 68" wms to wms. There is a build up thread on NOAS4x4club.com with info in the pics section of the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts