Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys post pics of your exhaust set up with a rear 4 link? Preferably in a TJ with dual triangulated links, muffler, and cat.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Not the best pic but his is a YJ with TJ long arms. I used the small Magnaflow muffler. It runs along side of the upper arm and crosses over to exit next out the left rear.

Exhaust 02b.JPG

Exhaust 01b.JPG

·
Registered
794 Posts
Not the best pic but his is a YJ with TJ long arms. I used the small Magnaflow muffler. It runs along side of the upper arm and crosses over to exit next out the left rear.

View attachment 425763

View attachment 425764
have you seen jon's...if not i'll snap a picture of it...its pretty simple...has a cat and a muffler...bolted to the drivetrain...has no rubber, which means no rattles!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I did mine sorta like this, but ran the pipe under the link, outside the body on top of the frame, through the red area. I'll snap a pic when I get home from work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Got any pictures of how it comes out the rear, Mine is tearing up my rear shock and I need to reroute it anyway when the 4 link goes in.

It dumps downward right before the rear tub mounts. Basically right before the rear bumper / frame tie in section and it is flush so it does not hit on rocks.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
I did mine sorta like this, but ran the pipe under the link, outside the body on top of the frame, through the red area. I'll snap a pic when I get home from work.
I was planning to do that also, running the exhaust out the side. In the end I wanted the exhaust to go all the out the back for noise and it really helps. I am also planning on tubing the rear frame so I can keep the exhaust in the same when that is complete.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here is mine i bought a shorty cat and a generic muffler ( like a flowmaster 20 series) of ebay. Stuck a turn down on the end of it called it a day. The cat and the muffler are protected by the skid plate and the turn down dumps out right behind the skid. No snaking exhaust tubing in and around links. sounds good two. I did have to weld a bung to the cat for the O2 sensor.

the clamps are now off and it is fully welded.

floor tiles are 12inches for reference

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Here is mine i bought a shorty cat and a generic muffler ( like a flowmaster 20 series) of ebay. Stuck a turn down on the end of it called it a day. The cat and the muffler are protected by the skid plate and the turn down dumps out right behind the skid. No snaking exhaust tubing in and around links. sounds good two. I did have to weld a bung to the cat for the O2 sensor.

the clamps are now off and it is fully welded.

floor tiles are 12inches for reference
How is it with flumes in the cab, My small sons ride on occasion. I have looked at this route also.

About how much do you think you got in it?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I never notice any fumes. I did this 3 years ago, then the muffler was $26 and the cat was $35. I already had the exhaust pipe and turn down so 60-65 with the hangers I bought. I would have to look through my ebay stuff to find out who I bought the stuff from.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I never notice any fumes. I did this 3 years ago, then the muffler was $26 and the cat was $35. I already had the exhaust pipe and turn down so 60-65 with the hangers I bought. I would have to look through my ebay stuff to find out who I bought the stuff from.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I did run the exhaust back through to the underside. No fumes, no worries of rubbing, and no smashed pipe. Flowmaster Super 44 with cat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts