Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I have searched and searched about this. Then the star ran out. So now that I am getting ready to start on this project I am gonna ask for some advise.

I am planning to (triangulated) 4 link the rear of my YJ, and go for about 106" WB with 47's. I have NEVER done something like this and have help, but all I know is what I have read on here over the years. When figuring where to place the link mounts, it is correct that the links need to be as horizontal as possible, and to fab in extra holes for adjustments. Does it matter how far apart the links are where they mount to the outside of the axle, and skid crossmember? I am using a BTF link mount on top of the axle and at the skid plate crossmember. Just need to figure out about where to mount the other ends on the outside.

I did post this in the newbie since I have no clue as to what I am doing. But if you must flame away. :mad3:

TIA

·
Registered
62 Posts
Use google to search Pirate for "4-link calculator", it is a really good tool to check the numbers on your suspension, allows you to check where you can change it.

(use google by searching "4-link calculator site:pirate4x4.com", this will search only pirate to find the search term. A search feature without needing a red star)

If you have no idea how to build the suspension, check out Poly Performance's rear 4-link kit. They have done a good job fabricating brackets with good placement and seperation, all you have to do is weld the links together and attach the brackets to your rig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts