Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running a triangulated 4-link FRONT suspension on their Scout II? Let's see some pics, if ya got 'em.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
I was looking at how to do it last night... does that count :D

going to be tough, but doable. The exhaust is actually going to be the toughest since it runs right were the link ends would logicaly go.

I'm also planning on shoveing the motor back, so that will help.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
RustoleumWhite said:
I was looking at how to do it last night... does that count :D
Funny, guess what I was looking at last night, too? :D

I wasn't thinking of moving the motor back - I'd do a link front specifically to push the front axle forward to get the tires out of the firewall.

I was also thinking about how you and I talked about frenching the front springs into the frame.. and pondered how well it would work if I cut the frame right where it swoops up just under the firewall where the body mount is, plate both sides of the frame, then insert the lower link INSIDE the frame rail.. so you can still slide on the frame when you need to. :D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Here is a pic of the plates I designed to replace the factory front spring hangers but ultimately ended up using them for my 3-link. Sorry, not a 4-link but here are some pics nonetheless....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

here is mine, it works greats except the front bushing gets ripped to shit every time out of the driveway. I need to redesign it with a JJ or something

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Hey reuben, can I see a pic of your front spring buckets... frame specificaly, but axle would be cool too.

Wild Horse's springs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts