Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my rear 4-link and couldn't imagine wheelin' without it. that said, I'm planning on stretching the WB over the holidays and have a chance to make a change or two. The only aspect I wish I could improve on the current setup would be to obtain a little more anti-squat. When I designed the suspension I read everything I could (PBB) but did not retain all of the info after the build was complete.

One question: not knowing the specs of my actual suspension what controls the amount of anti-squat; I seem to think it is the vertical separation between the upper & lowers right? If so, would reducing or increasing the vertical separation at the frame mounts help me obtain the desired increase in anti-squat? I think reducing the VS would do the trick right?

·
Registered
436 Posts
chevota said:
reducing the V.S. at the frame mounts will raise the as%
Isn't that just if he raises the lower frame mount? You wouldn't get increased AS if you lowered the upper mounts, correct?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FREAK-off was telling me to search....and you know what I didn't need to. I needed a quick answer and I got it so HA! :flipoff2:

yea, Ramper moving either will work. lowering the top will be more advantageous for me though. Thanks fellas. :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Thank you. I worked hard on that one. I've got someone helping me to make it a bit more user friendly at the moment but as far as I know all the calculations are correct. It would help me a lot if you could email me the excel file back after you have input all your #'s. I would really like to know how it matches up to something real world.

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts