Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured why the hell not put some adjustablity in my ride... designed thes link brackets with several mounting holes so I can adjust my Anti-Squat from 111% down to 46% and if my COG changes due to all the things I am adding this allows me to adust of that to.

Check out the possiblilities..

If my COG is at 25" 27" 29"
My Anti Squat can be
54% 50% 46%
75% 70% 65%
78% 73% 68%
93% 86% 80%
98% 90% 84%
111% 102% 96%

Not to shabby eh? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Good idea, I did it too with about half as many holes. Be careful about tearout with holes that close together. Also just thought I'd point out that clearances might get tight with some of the setups....depending on your design.

I could(but dont want to) run a bent/clearanced lower link, but if i used one of my highest AS% setups, the links could contact eachother. Another thing to mention is that it looks like I need about 1" of adjustability in the links to use all of the setups without changing the pinion angle. My setup is dual triangle so yours might be different. No pics though, its all sitting in the corner of the garage.

??Anyone run diverging links(where the seperation is greater at the cross member)? It'd be cool to try it out.

Yep, heres another CAD pic of it(4 you paul)

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Booger Weldz said:
nice! are you gonna use these on both links or just lowers or uppers?
Those will be used on the frame side of both the uppers and lowers.. they will be made out of 3/8" plate lazer cut with about 1/2" of material between the holes..

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
4x4runner said:
Good idea, I did it too with about half as many holes. Be careful about tearout with holes that close together. Also just thought I'd point out that clearances might get tight with some of the setups....depending on your design.

I could(but dont want to) run a bent/clearanced lower link, but if i used one of my highest AS% setups, the links could contact eachother. Another thing to mention is that it looks like I need about 1" of adjustability in the links to use all of the setups without changing the pinion angle. My setup is dual triangle so yours might be different. No pics though, its all sitting in the corner of the garage.

??Anyone run diverging links(where the seperation is greater at the cross member)? It'd be cool to try it out.

Yep, heres another CAD pic of it(4 you paul)

Greg
i bent my lower links a bit, i can sacrifice a little compression to keep them outta the rocks imo, greg, post some numbers and angles if you could:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts