Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched for a thread like this, but lets see everyones 4 linked toyotas front or rear and the specs with them!

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Sorry. Newbs aren't allowed to make such requests.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
been on here before--- but 86 22RE T linked in the rear--- smog/street legal will be at KOH

SAS and double stacked--tubed, thru the cab /inside halo-'a' pillar bars-- etc, etc

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Maybe its just me, but if we are going to actually do this thread, some actual link numbers and maybe a screenshot of your link calculator final version would be sweet. I know they tried to get one of these threads going in the Tacoma section, but it kind of fizzled out after only a few people posted their stuff.

Link stuff is one of those times where a picture doesn't paint "the whole picture".

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
WTF is a link calculator ??????????????????????

i cut the back end off--- set the axle where i wanted it-- built the 4 link to fit ! what more is there ??????

started with the axle placement--- built the rear cab crossmember-- set the link mounts--- welded the truss and mounts on the rear end--- measured and cut the Cromo tube for the links. built a cage to fit the rear end and thru/into the cab with full inside cage--- welded mounts for the air shocks---- cut stainless mesh and cromo panels for the sides---- built a stainless resonator to fit between the links at full drop (if that could happen)-- made a couple quick-release pin mounts for the mud flaps (for street use-- street legal)-- took 1 NAPA mud flap and cut it in 1/2----

this is a 'built' rig and not a 'cookie-cutter' design that a geek on a computer built !

'link calculater'---- is that like a tape measure and a frameing square mixed with a BIT of common sense ????

will have to admit tho--with the 'full' doors on and not the 1/2----(lift off doors)-- the window knob is too close to the 'a' pillar down bar !---OOPS

and EVERYTHING is 'hard mounted'/ with 'captive' poly motor mounts) so i do get a bit of noise in the cab--- but thats what the radio is for !

·
Registered
710 Posts
So you just blasted it all together without thinking about measuring then?

Thats all a link calculator really does, its just a way to organize it and do some of the calculations for you like anti squat and roll center and such. Knowing that stuff doesn't make it a cookie cutter or "designed on a computer", and its a good way for people to reference what works for others. You still have to make it fit on your rig.

So yes....a link calculator is taking a framing square and a tape measure and writing it on your computer rather then a note pad. Common sense not included.

Experience counts more then anything though, and I'm sure you stuff works awesome Krusty. Wasn't trying to dig at you, it is just a reference point that people can compare with.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
So you just blasted it all together without thinking about measuring then?

Thats all a link calculator really does, its just a way to organize it and do some of the calculations for you like anti squat and roll center and such. Knowing that stuff doesn't make it a cookie cutter or "designed on a computer", and its a good way for people to reference what works for others. You still have to make it fit on your rig.

So yes....a link calculator is taking a framing square and a tape measure and writing it on your computer rather then a note pad. Common sense not included.

Experience counts more then anything though, and I'm sure you stuff works awesome Krusty. Wasn't trying to dig at you, it is just a reference point that people can compare with.
I think thats the best way to describe calc. Good job.
I'd add, it's a tool that allows you to visualize what you're about to build or what you ended up building.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Maybe its just me, but if we are going to actually do this thread, some actual link numbers and maybe a screenshot of your link calculator final version would be sweet. I know they tried to get one of these threads going in the Tacoma section, but it kind of fizzled out after only a few people posted their stuff.

Link stuff is one of those times where a picture doesn't paint "the whole picture".
There was one in here as well. Kinda pointless IMHO, to many variables to be consistant. My front 3 link when built was good as far as numbers go but didnt work quiet right. Fast forward a bit and I eye balled it, redid the lowers and it works properly with no odd quirks that it had before. The calculator is good for flat ground no's.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm out, mines only a 3 link... :shaking:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts