Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is not on a jeep its on a ZUK but it is custom suspension fab so Ill post here and hope to not get flamed too bad.

I am getting ready to build a 4 link for the rear of my ZUK and this is what I came up with as far as links go. My center of gravity may be a little off but seems close. I can get the AS to change buy moving front upper mounts up and down about 10% per inch. The front mounts will be adjustable.

Am I in the ballpark?

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Why post questions about a Zuk in the Zuk forum, when you can post them in the JEEP Harcore Tech forum? :shaking:

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
6.75 inches of vertical seperation at the axle IMHO is not enough. 8 inches is a minimum for me. Then adjust the fronts to match. Its easier on parts, even though you don't have a lot of HP or huge tires.

Good luck,;)
Easy.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rick, buy doing that I was able to get less roll steer and gained more adjustablity in my AS.

I came here because you guys seem to have more knowledge of link suspension that over there I figured I could get more informed answers.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I'd shoot for less AS, longer IC, and roll understeer. Increasing the separation at the axle and chassi should be you close. Triangulating the the lowers more will also help out with the roll axis. I find that 50-75 AS at the most, seems to work better in every situation.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Without the exact COG the sheet will not be very accurate for you. But it at least lets you know what changes to what effects what properties.

It looks like you forgot your tires in you unsprung weights.

If your uppers are shorter then your lowers if will force your pinion to roll down slightly during droop. Which can cause bind with minimal droop, and force you to center limit the axle quite short.

Slightly longer on the upper will roll the pinion up during droop, keeping it looking at the t-case. But of course it will compromise other properties.

In the end, its all compromises depening on the room you are working with.

The best thing I could recommend is to get your rough idea in there and make things adjustable.

Good luck, sounds like a good build.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well with the info given here I changed some things. Then I went out to the rig and did some more measuring and found that this setup will actually fit under it better. The links are now equal lenght and my AS is better. As I said before frame end of both links sets will be adjustable and the uppers in the rear will probably be adjustable. Thanks for the help.

This is the current plan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts