Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Asked to post this up for a Friend all I know is it is an 87 k2500 , and he is doint new floors, and a 4 link on it here are pics . Specs to follow as he is gonna post after I post this.

·
Registered
242 Posts
thanks for posting all the pics for me phil. but anyways thats my rig. my floors and rockers were starting to look like swiss cheese so i decided it was time to replace them. its a pain in the ass to get everything to line up perfectly. when the floors are done im going to finish the dual triangulated 4-link that i started in school. i designed and built everything for it. all i have left to do is make a crossmember for the lower links to mount to and just weld all the link mounts on and the coilover mounts. link material is 1.5" 1/4"wall dom tube. upper links are 3' 7" lowers are 4'5". heims are 3/4 x 7/8. if you got any questions or comments post up. later

·
Registered
364 Posts
87GMCsierra said:
link material is 1.5" 1/4"wall dom tube. upper links are 3' 7" lowers are 4'5". heims are 3/4 x 7/8. if you got any questions or comments post up. later
i'd go bigger on your lower link material, you will bend 1.5inch .25wall tube

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
MudTJ said:
i'd go bigger on your lower link material, you will bend 1.5inch .25wall tube
x2, hell i watched some 2"x.500 get bent the hell up this weekend, hell ive broke a 1 1/2x.375 tie rod in half :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Did i just read that someone is putting 53" lower links on a vehicle?

holy long links batman!

·
Registered
242 Posts
yea they are going to be long. hopefully the lowers will hold up. im sure i will go bigger but i dont have the money right now. ill see what happens when i test it out.

·
Registered
529 Posts
dood! you cut the shit out of that truck! i remember it rolling into Badlands all shiny on 35" ATs... it was never the same after that :haha:

·
Registered
242 Posts
the upper link brackets on the truss that you guys can see are not welded in haha. i just set them on there for the pic. i dont see how the links crossing would help it flex at all. good eyes jeremy

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
carwash said:
this is a very weak, half-assed flip-off. You gotta commit man, stand that finger up high, get the others pulled down... weak man, i tell you, weak.

looks like a weak half-assed rod end also, :flipoff2: for a full size rig.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yea the joints should hold up for a while. i plan on getting bigger ones later on. they have a 55,000 some strength. i figured they should be strong enough.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Is it me....or are you going to build the whole 4-link over again? Why not just save up and do it right the first time?

·
Registered
242 Posts
i started the 4-link at school. i built everything there all i have to do is mount the link tabs and cut the links to length. i ran out of time in school to finish the whole thing there so i am going to finish what i started now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
so today i quit my job that i just got. boss was a dick about pay. but good news is i got to work on my shit all day. i got the floor, floor support rocker and inner rocker to fit just about perfect. just gotta fit the cab corner then clean them up and weld em in tomorrow. i dont have pics cause i dont have a camera. ill have to get phil over here to take some pics.

·
Registered
242 Posts
im going to use some big ass coilovers. most likely sway-a-way cause they are cheaper and i havn't heard anything bad about them. i was thinking about coil springs but i figured i would just buy the coilovers instead of buying coil springs and switching to coilovers soon after. im trying not to waste money haha :cool:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Where did you get those replacement panels? I gotta get some for my '72 K5, but haven't seen them anywhere. Nice work too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
well the place i got mine from is 73-87chevytrucks.com but yours is a 72. i dont know where you could get them but ill keep an eye out for ya.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts