Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is preferred for the Chevy 1/2 ton rear swap? I know there is discussion that either can be used, but what would the advantages/disadvantages be?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
i got teh 4 w/overload and i think they're a little stiff! i ended up removing teh overload so i had some up travel, but still feel they're stiff..

·
Registered
881 Posts
I got the 3+Overload (running without overload tho), and they're perfect. Mind you my truck is still light as hell, but with stock everything (and 29" at's), I get 16" outta the rear. And I have the old hanger in the way (killing at least 1/2"), and the brakeline needs to be extended...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 3 leaf pack on my 89 4Runner. I also removed the overload. I don't experience too much negative arch or spring wrap with the overload removed, but I'm not running a 200:1 crawl ratio either. I've been able to load 400+ pounds in the back with only minimal sagging. They flex great! I guess it depends on the "previous use" as to how a 4 or 3 leaf pack will work for you.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
i run a 3+overload,and after sugestions from this board,cut the overload waaay down.Basically to an anti wrap block."ramps" great in my yard,this weekend will be the first true test...Corey.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
i run the same pack and i also took out the overload to make it a 3, i really dont like them, i have a good shackle angle and everything, they work okay, but I wish they were better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts