Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Toyota 4 Runner V6 4X4, with an oil leak at the motor oil cooler connection to the block. Have anyone replaced the gasket or o-ring on subject cooler? What is the removal / reinstallation process? None of the aftermart manuals even show the oil cooler.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Its not in the manuals because it probably isnt stock.

I had one and gave up on getting the damn thing not to leak. Tried lotsa different things, and it always leaked.,

If its like mine, you just unscrew the whole adapter with the two tube connections on it, and after you clean up the oil that goes all over you just screw on a stock oil filter.

Yours may be different, tho.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Alabamatoy said:
Its not in the manuals because it probably isnt stock.
Huh?? Yes, it is. The 3.0L V6 has an oil cooler on the side of the engine, from the factory. It's a round thing, just aft of the oil filter. It's a closed heat exchanger style, coolant is pumped to it from the water pump. You must be thinking of the aftermarket type that you can add to the oil filter mount and run lines to a finned cooler.

Scooters, yes, there is a gasket AND an O-ring behind it. Drain the coolant, unhook the hoses, then there is a single bolt in the center that you remove to get the cooler off.

Good luck, HTH... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks KLF and Alabamatoy for the right on information, the oil cooler came off just as you said KLF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts