Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 87 4runner the passenger seat will only go forward. This is a problem when someone who has long legs gets in, they will not be able to slide the seat back on the rails. The recliner works fine. Are all 4runner passenger seats like this or are the SR-5 ones different? Anyone know how to make the seat go back more? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
You had asked me directly about this and I was never clear if you said the seat never slides fore and aft or that you want it to slide back farther than its locked position? There a two locks on the front passenger seat, the release lever lets the seat back fold forward and that (via a "Y" shaped release cable) releases the seat track to let it slide forward. If you have a broke "Y" shaped cable, then you can fold the seat back up and down, but you won't be able to slide it forward. Its fairly easy to replace the cable.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
1877 said:
In my 87 4runner the passenger seat will only go forward. This is a problem when someone who has long legs gets in, they will not be able to slide the seat back on the rails. The recliner works fine. Are all 4runner passenger seats like this or are the SR-5 ones different? Anyone know how to make the seat go back more? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nubie alert. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Re: 4-Runner passenger seat problem....?

Rwhat said:

Nubie alert. :rolleyes:

this is the pot calling the kettle black, but i think a padder pointing out a newbie is worse than a newbie

:flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.