Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pictures Available: http://photos.yahoo.com/jeepeytr

Vehicle Description:

1989 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6, 2-door. Equipped with Nissan’s sport package from the factory, this truck has since been built with serious off-road capabilities as a high priority, while maintaining streetability. Many of its modifications are custom designed and built one of a kind items, all designed to increase its ability off road. It is equipped with a 2.5” Rancho lift system, using Bilstein high performance, long travel shocks front and rear and rides on 32” BFGoodrich Mud Terrain tires (full size BFG spare on factory alloy wheel) with less than 3,000 miles on them. Further suspension modifications include custom rear coil springs, and SAS heavy duty torsion bars (New), and custom upper a-arm brackets to properly correct the front suspension’s camber.

The drive train was modified with Warn premium manual locking hubs, front (custom install) and rear ARB Air-locking (air compressor is also fitted with a port for airing up tires, toys, etc..) differentials and has been treated to Red Line synthetic lubricants all its life (MT-90 in the gearbox, 75W90 in the differentials and transfer case). There is very little that this truck cannot find the traction to power over or through.

The engine breathes through a Borla stainless steel exhaust, and its intake is filtered with a K&N high performance drop in filter. Spark is provided by a Jacobs Ultra Team ignition system and ignition wires, improving both power and mileage. Power is transferred through a Centerforce II clutch.

The steering system has been strengthened with an idler arm pin gusset, spindle gussets (See photos) and Rancho steering stabilizer. These gussets, as well as the two frame mounted T-6061 aluminum skid plates (One under the front suspension, continuing back and protecting the front differential and engine oil pan, the other covering the transmission and transfer cases) were custom built in California by a shop that builds desert race trucks. Four frame mounted ¾” D-Shackles hang in custom mounts (one at each corner) for recovery duty. The rear axle is also re-enforced with a Con-Fer Tuff Stuff Axle Truss with integrated skid plate.

Both the front and rear bumpers are custom designed and built in California as well, from ¼” plate steel, the front incorporating a Warn XD9000 Winch (recently rebuilt w/ new roller fairlead) and PIAA Pro 90 dual projector beam Ion crystal auxiliary lamps, and the rear incorporating a class III receiver hitch and two Hella twin bulb flood lamps. Headlamps are PIAA Superwhites.

The electrical system has been modified with the addition of a 160 Amp Wrangler Power Products Alternator and remote regulator, with 1/0 gauge welding cable for the charge cable, starter cable, and body/chassis/engine grounds. An auxiliary fuse block was also installed and protected with an 80 amp circuit breaker. The truck is also fitted with a circuit breaker protected (150 amp) jumper cable plug, and heavy duty dual terminal Die Hard battery.

The truck is almost entirely rust free, and in 1997 had its frame and floor pans cleaned and rust proofed (over $3,000 invested) by a San Diego company that is contracted by the federal government to repair and rustproof Marine HUMVEEs.

Interior improvements include an Alpine CD head unit, KEF competition co-axial speakers and permanent mounted Uniden CB radio with tuned Firestick antenna. The entire truck is protected by a Clifford Intelli-Guard 600 Security system with optional shock/impact, glass break and interior proximity sensors.

Vehicle Condition:

Overall condition is excellent, as is the overall condition of the interior. The truck is mechanically sound with no known mechanical defaults. It has been off the road for almost a year now, so it needs some drive time to loosen her joints, and a good wash & wax, but little if anything else.

Building and caring for this truck was a labor of love, but my life has changed, and it has not seen any use for well over a year. It is truly difficult to part with this vehicle, but I hope to find her a new home with an enthusiast who can appreciate her for what she is.

Although I have no doubt about the vehicles mechanical soundness, it is sold as is, without any warrantee either expressed or implied.

Color: Agean Blue Pearl
Model: SE-V6
Body Style: 2-Door SUV
VIN: JN8HD16Y9KW115274
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Mileage: 158,450

Asking Price: $8,000.00 obo

E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said or best offer, but I meant a realistic offer, thanx anyway...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
its so hard to resist sometimes, serious offroad capabilities!:eek: i think i saw you flexed out on the curb at the grocery store...:flipoff2: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.