Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my rear disc conversion (downey) I now have 4-wheel disc brakes, . They work good,the front locks up before the rear. I installed everything 2#residual valve and a proportion valve.My booster is 30 yrs. old and I have a rebuilt master cylinder.I have acsess to a 88 4-runner booster and master,or 96 2wd tacoma booster&master for about the same price.which would be best ? & would they both bolt up to my 72 fj-40? Believe me I did use search!! thanks for any help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
"wilwood adjustable brake bias should solve all your problems."

FJ-Dave did you even read the question???

If I was to choose between the two set ups you mentioned,I would go with the 4runner master and booster.As far as them bolting right up you may want to take some measurements.Why don't you have your current stuff rebuilt?
Simon

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
I'd stick with the 72 booster. It's perfect for the conversion. If it's bad, just replace it or rebuild it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
keep in the back of your mind...

I've had that very set-up for a while now... WOW!, one of the best upgrades ever done! I have been able to "compare" to others w/ same application w/ the proportioning valve that came with it. Can it adjust? Sounds like the problem is the p. valve...
Just wanted to post an alternative... I purchased a used p. valve from the local yard out of an 82-83 FJ60... front/rear now perfect!
($25).....Just a thought:rolleyes:

Who needs full-floaters? Trust me...the disc brakes act as that also... To make a long story short... DROVE home from CM w/no C-clips! 240 miles! (should have seen the side gears though):barf:
Others would have fallen out after 5ft. CONGRATS! You'll love em'!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the replys. Picked up a '99 Tacoma booster and m/c at a local wrecking yard today for $80. Installed it today and it worked very very well. Love those discs.
Anyways thanks for your help.:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts