Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im goign to be running a d44 front (dont laugh) and 14 bolt FF rear with discs, this is going under and s10. I ahve removed the stock proportioning valve and am going to run all new lines, do I really need a vlave, or since im 4 wheel disc now, can i run straight off the master cylinder. If a valve is needed, I was going to run the knob style adjustable ones to fine tune the brakes. Any input guys?

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
off road only or is it a driver?
if it is a driver, use the prop valve. This is just from experience with power brakes on '76 chevy fullsize. the ass end wanted to pass me before I hooked the prop valve back up

·
Registered
315 Posts
The knob style, while it can cut something like %50 of the pressure out, probably wont be sufficient to reduce the rear braking enough. I'd get a disk/disk combination valve from the junkyard, or new is something like $50 on ebay. You may still need a knob style prop valve to fine tune it even after getting the combo valve. My '90 Burb has rear antilock, which actually worked out well after switching to 12" disks front and rear and gutting the stock combo valve. Also keep in mind Chevy switched to low drag calipers at some point, which uses a quick uptake master cylinder. You may want to order earlier year calipers to stay away from that issue, and possibly get a new master cylinder to match your new braking system. I forget which year they made that change...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts