Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 806 Posts

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, after seeing so many people posting their rigs, plus the fact I finally went through and resized my pictures to fit the board, i'm posting up my 4 wheel steer buggy project which has been named "her ring". hey, i didn't name it, she did. Hendrix Motorsports in Ca built the chassis for me and did a hell of a job. very imressive. this is mike's X-Chassis serial #7. running for now, tbi350/700r4/241c with a pair of front high pinion 60's/35 spline shafts/drive flanges/sitting atop 44's. full hydro steering provided by sean at POS (station). cylinders, orbital, etc to arrive today as per tracking info. the suspense is killing me. picked up alot of items new and used from the board as well as my research/info. thank you all. anyway here's a few pics. constructive criticism is always welcome. shooting for a 3 month long build up. we'll see. :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
getting closer faster. i'm much further ahead than it looks, just need to post up the pics.

Attachments

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as i'm writing this, UPS just knocked on the door with most of my hydro steering c'mon. :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the axles:
2 ford high pinion dana 60's
arb front, spool rear, 4:10 gears (to maintain higher gear strength due to one being used as rear axle - riding on coast side of gear)
35 spline inner/outer w/ 35 spline drive flanges front/rear. no locking hub fuse crap:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's where she is now. the latest pic. it's high do to shocks gassed up for max measurements.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Hmmmm, Ya maybe in three months it will be finished :flipoff2: They always take longer than planned.....you can plan on that :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
So do you park it out side or lift the house to move it in!! First thing I did in this house is replace the door header with a new one at 7'-6" with a full clearance door. Looking good, I always like looking at others before re-inventing the wheel for all the misc [email protected]
Kevin

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Hey Davey, The hydro looks killer.

He's been working non stop on this thing for maybe 1 month, besides work and keeping the little lady happy, wassap Amy?, this thing is coming together super fast for basically a one man job.

Hendrix's link mounts are so slick it leaves fairly easy math for axle mounts and link length. The link movements are like fluid everything works so well.
Couple more pics.

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rockmutt said:
whats the wheelbase?????
"Sick man! Is this a comp rig, or just a fawk around rig?"

"So do you park it out side or lift the house to move it in!! First thing I did in this house is replace the door header with a new one at 7'-6" with a full clearance door. Looking good, I always like looking at others before re-inventing the wheel for all the misc [email protected]"
Kevin

==============================================

thanks doug, so far, it gets into the garage by lett'n gas out of the shocks and it lowers to about 2" of shaft left, fits like a glove. a might bit tight eh? maybe comp rig at some point but not for a bit. i don't think i've got enough experience and just haven't checked into various requirements to enter comps yet at this point. hell, you never know. looks like so much fun. building so quick cause i'm impatient and just dying to drive my own idea from scratch.

Attachments

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just love building stuff from scracth. each project keeps getting better. wander what will be next.

Attachments

·
Hello Govna
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it's even fun having something worthwhile to post. EDIT: finally, damn newbie.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 806 Posts