Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a GLOCK 23 , and I want to be sure to buy the best ammo for it . it will be used for target and self defense . so what are all your guys opinions ??

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
Plinking: Winchester white box
Defense: Ranger SXT(not the member, he's too scrawny to do any real damage), Gold Dots, Federal HST, Golden Sabres, pretty much most of the high end stuff.

Don't get fooled into buying the X-tremesuperduperblowtheassoffofarhinoatfivehundredmeters shock bullshit, it's crap.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
If you're buying local, Gold Dots for defense. Buying off the 'net, either Ranger SXT (Black Talons with a more PC name) or Federal HST.

I carry Fed. HST.

Blazer, Blazer Brass, Winchester White-Box (WWB), Remington UMC, whatever...

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
For defense I would run the ranger's and for target I would just get some reloads.
:D

:D

:laughing:

:flipoff2:

:grinpimp:chamber support:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
For plinking in my G27, I use the $7.57 Blazer Brass from Walmart. I have never had a problem using this stuff. I have about 2-3k stocked up, and have run probably 1500 through it. I have never had any problems with WWB either, but I run this less due to cost. I had a few failure to fires with Rem PMC, so I changed out the firing pin spring. I think it was a bad batch of ammo, but a new spring was cheap insurance.

For carry use, I use Winchester Ranger. IMO, just pick a quality brand of HP ammo, and run a few hundred through it so you know it works. I think its just a matter of opinion as to what is best.

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,323 Posts
I've had no problems with winchester white box, blazer, UMC, or S&B. Shoot primarily WWB for plinking. Occasionally I'll get some mil-surp .40 for plinking, but haven't seen anything recently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts