Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys are running 40" plus spare tires?

trying to debate if i wanna or risk it. i carry plug/patch kits and plenty of air supply in worst case senerio.
im in a 4Runner so its not like i have a bed of space.

·
Registered
512 Posts

trying to debate if i wanna or risk it. i carry plug/patch kits and plenty of air supply in worst case senerio.
its always a good idea. im not going to carry one but i will have one on my trailer. (if i can ever find a 42 inch roller) I just wouldnt be able to fit it in my bed and still be able to see out the back window. i kinda like watching my ass.

im too poor to buy 5 42 iroks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you have bead locks, buy a tube that fits inside your tire. Take the ring off, stuff it in there and fill it up, and then get yourself of the trail.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
tube is a good idea but any one with bead locks know that actualy removeing that ring sucks ass with out an impact gun. search the forsale section for a spare.
I lucked out and bought 5 38in tires on rims for $500. the spare looks almost new.

when ever im not wheeling at a buddys house i bring my spare. I have a 4runner also and dont want to carry a 38in tire on the truck.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

what about just a 35" spare? or even 33" ...... a 30" spare saved my ass when I tore a sidewall on my MTR's

I put the spare on the front and made it out and home.

hey, you hear about gary sutherland's roof jump?

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I carry one but I'm the one that usally carries the 8 lug spare:laughing: Usually we got 1 guy carrying a 8 lug and 1 guy carry a 6 lug spare. I just have it mounted in the back, its there all the time so not a big deal and it add's some weight in back.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you have bead locks, buy a tube that fits inside your tire. Take the ring off, stuff it in there and fill it up, and then get yourself of the trail.
seems like a good idea... maybe a dumb question but my beadlocks have a metal valve stem so just take out the rim valve stem and run the tube stem thru?

:homer:

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
seems like a good idea... maybe a dumb question but my beadlocks have a metal valve stem so just take out the rim valve stem and run the tube stem thru?

:homer:
Yes

Fuck taking my beadlock apart to put a tube in. I'll jack the rig up and fill the tire with expanding foam first:laughing:

·
Registered
461 Posts
This is my 37" spare tire on my swingout bumper on my 4runner. You could build a swingout bumper to hold a 40"+ tire. The only thing that sux is it blocks your rear view. I've only totalled one car by backing over it cause i couldnt see out of my rear window. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,751 Posts
Yup, I carry a full size spare, huge plug kit and Co2. Before the truck hits the trail again I'll have stainless wire and some leather added to the kit to stitch a sidewall together again if need be. I'll have to look into a tube the right size. Flats suck... :laughing:

·
Registered
8,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
When i was running my 42" IROK's i carried the 5th with me at all times. I was not about to dick arround with pulling the beadlocks appart or anything like that when i could just throw my full size spare on and keep wheeling. Granted in 3 years i never needed the spare, but at least i had it with me. I carried it in the back of my 4-runner laying down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts