Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive got a seized up engine and I want to separate the tranny from it. My book says rotate the crank to remove the torque converter bolts. That's not gonna happen. Any suggestions? Is the torqe converter keyed on the transmission shaft? Thanks.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Remove the converter inspection cover, then unbolt the trans from the engine and pull the trans straight back untill the input shaft clears the torque coverter. The converter will remain attached to the flex plate attached to the crankshaft. You should then be able to reach all 4 converter bolts to remove the converter if you need it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Should it be extremely difficult to pull the tranny off? I was trying to pry a little by the starter mount and didn't really seem to be getting anywhere. I don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
266 Posts
MuddyV8YJ said:
Thank you. Should it be extremely difficult to pull the tranny off? I was trying to pry a little by the starter mount and didn't really seem to be getting anywhere. I don't want to damage anything.

No it should come pretty easy.. You may still have a bolt somewhere..There are a total of six bolts, four come in from the tranny to engine and two come from the engine to the tranny on the bottom..

·
Registered
808 Posts
warlock440 said:
No it should come pretty easy.. You may still have a bolt somewhere..There are a total of six bolts, four come in from the tranny to engine and two come from the engine to the tranny on the bottom..
Agreed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts