Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Brian has been working on a few options for an aftermarket snorkel option for the 404. Attached are picks of our mockup/prototype. Manufacture would be rotational moulded ABS. Currently getting bids on tooling to determine if we want to move forward with it. This design allows the windshield to be folded forward if desired. Sales price would be in the 200-300 range complete. Give us some feedback.

Cheers,

Scott Ingham

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like the Idea.
Why plastic?
And will the plastic your using be UV stable? One other thing that comes immediately to mind when I look at your prototype is: What will that do to drivers visibility?
One benefit I do see from using the plastic is that it does not look like something most people could make at home. A fact I find particularly funny since the MB snorkel does look like you could make it in a high school shop class.:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chose the plastic as it is the style and design used on the larger SBU unimogs. Also pretty much industry standard on "Safarri Snorkel's" that I see on the market.

Design really does not impact the driver visibility by much. UV stable for sure.

Cheers,

Scott Ingham

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Scott,

I was actually just shopping around online for making a snorkel for the 404. Its a sought after item, I figured there would be a market for such a thing. That is a pretty nice looking snorkel you had made!

My only request would be that there be enough room to flip the ram air backwards in case you feel like going splashing around. I would purchase a snorkel, and I have a good hand full of friends who have been looking for one as well.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Wow, Looks great!

I've been looking for a snorkel for my 404 for a long time. I'd buy one of yours in a heartbeat. The factory snorkels are ridiculously expensive if you can find them (~$700-800)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts