Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
didnt have to tear mine down that far. Contact taradon. he is very knowledgeable about these.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You need to press it out. Make sure to keep all the needle bearings, and watch the rubber seals when pressing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cruiserrg said:
You need to press it out. Make sure to keep all the needle bearings, and watch the rubber seals when pressing.
Press - bugger - haven't got one of them at home :(
Any idea many tons I'll need - typically.

Someone has been in there before, the rubber seals are knackered, and some of the needle bearings lost already :mad3:

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Red Ibex said:
Press - bugger - haven't got one of them at home :(
Any idea many tons I'll need - typically.

Someone has been in there before, the rubber seals are knackered, and some of the needle bearings lost already :mad3:

you might get by with a 25 ton press but I can say from doing mine that a 50 might be needed

the pins came out easy but going into the new shafts (narrowed axle) took a lot more force

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have a 20ton H press from harbor frieght that worked on mine, even with new narrowed axles. Time to go buy new tools, or borrow a buddies.

·
Registered
84 Posts
press would work but difficult to position in a press. go to harbor freight and get a ball joint press. It looks like a big c clamp with a hole in it. tighten the threaded side and the cross shaft will slide out through the hole in the other side. They were under 40.00 last time I was at harbor. works good. while you are at it you might replace the seals inside of that cv. I got some seals from teradon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts