Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Anybody have a pair of rear 404 springs they would like to unload? I don t need the helper springs.

Also, I have added some pictures to my photo album of my seperated steering knuckle. The green arrows show the seperation, the red show where I am getting contact with the CV.

That repair will be beginning soon.

You will also see my Summer project for the rear half : )

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/yobo150/lst?

Tom Meisch
Rochester, NY

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
so what caused the knuckle seperation? To me it Looks like you have CV contact at the top of the kuckle as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coach,

A winter wheeling trip with 20" of packed snow/ice where I had to break the trails for other trucks is what broke it. In 4 lock I was bouncing like a jack-hammer (read: ass). A little too much of that and she gave up the ghost.

You are right on the upper contact too. I will be pulling the reduction assembly this weekend. I will photograph the whole project.

Tom Meisch
Rochester, NY

·
Registered
23 Posts
hardtop?

hey tom is that a hardtop for youe 404? was it major $$$ factory or aftermarket( haa aftermarket parts for mog)

i want to cage half of the bed and have 3 seats facing forward behind cab,cooler heater, storage ect... leave the back half open for storage, spare, 2nd cooler:D ect... im thinking about making some panels( fiberglass/ aluminum/?? )or maybe just canvas to cover rear cage..... but then again i think i need to purchace my mog before i get too deep in plans, im about 6 months away if all works out, or buy one of unimogken mogs, but i dont think im looking for that much of a project

Ribz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts