Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the mercedes forum and here hoping to get more attention, sorry for the repost.

I have two fronts, but when I rotated the soon to be rear 3rd it seems that it rotates in the wrong direction, I guess my question is, are the front and rear drop outs different? or are they the same? and can I use a front drop out in the rear without problems? Seems that the ring and pinion are not on the power side, rather on the coast side, so I dont think the gears would hold up going in reverse, hope I clarified this enough, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The centersections are the same front to rear. The housings and portals are actually the same too.

Make sure to keep the portals on the correct side. There is a left and right portal.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so the centers are the same, so when I was spinning the pinion and it seemed that the gears were meshing backwards then I was trippin? thanks for the reply, this will help, I thought I might have to get a rear third. I had read about the boxes being side sensitive so I had taken that into consideration, but was unsure about the center sections, thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks cory, I didnt take the carrier off of the third yet, and both fronts seem to be identical, so I must be tired today, thanks again.

Hey cory, whose shafts did you use in your narrowed mogs? exaxt? or did you have yours cut down?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts