Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i am getting a set of 40" tires and plan on putting them on my 82 F-150 whith no lift. About how much fender will have to cut off to get them to clear well?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i had 40" hawgs on my '86 f-250 with only a 3" body lift and major trimming. it would be tough with no lift at all.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I don't think fitting the tires is going to be your biggest issue, it'll be trying to keep that poor front end from doing anything but flying apart:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

but for fittment, you're gonna lose most of the front fender, maybe have to move a body mount or two, and rub the radius arms I imagine...

--Berne

·
Registered
5 Posts
it might work for a month or two but like he said your going to rub on your radius arms bad,your gonna lose most of your front fender and you might as well just take the bed off,enjoy before everything falls apart:laughing:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the 44 up front will have to go but im going to run it till it blows up (gives me time to get cash for an axle and so great photot opps.). The 9" im not worried about at all. What boddy mounts might i have to work on and could you guys think of anny way of modifying the radius arms so they dont rub as bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my buddy put 40s on his 84 F250 HD with no lift but a lot of trimming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts