Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little project I thought I would post up. Our customer wanted to update the drivetrain a bit....so here we go.....
SPECS:

1941 Dodge WC4 Weapons Carrier
350 hp Turn Key Engine Supply LSX
4L60E
Atlas 3.8

Here is what we started with, and a little of the progress we have made.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
A little project I thought I would post up. Our customer wanted to update the drivetrain a bit....so here we go.....
SPECS:

1941 Dodge WC4 Weapons Carrier
350 hp Turn Key Engine Supply LSX
4L60E
Atlas 3.8

Here is what we started with, and a little of the progress we have made.

Sorry, but I consider that retarded foolishness and a waste of a good truck and a piece of military history. The owner should be shot and have his body hung on a pole to warn other idiots.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He as 2 more at home that are stock. I told him that the first responce we got to this post would be negative. LOL Can't please everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
While I'm not so worried about cutting up a piece of military history, the idea of putting a GM motor in it deserves a bitch slap AND a kick in the nut sack. Especially with late model Hemi motors being pretty easy to get, and keep it Mopar. Oterwise go with a 4BT Cummins.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
He as 2 more at home that are stock. I told him that the first responce we got to this post would be negative. LOL Can't please everyone!
Sorry, I was the 2nd post if you don't count yours, lol. But yeah, the GM engine thing is disgusting. I fully understand customizing vehicles, but I just don't think military vehicles have the right look for hot rodding or whatever he is trying to accomplish with this thing. I think a Mopar engine, like the new Hemi or similar, installed with no modifications to the frame so that it could be reversed int he future would be a much smarter way to go. I can't say I know any Dodge fans that would buy a Dodge of any kind with a GM or Ford engine so I fail to understand why everyone swaps that garbage into them all the time. And please forward my message about impaling the owner's body, I really meant that. :D

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
ya the gm motor bit is a bit lazy. but i get why. it is/always has been one of the fastest ways to have a reliable powertrain with little work/figuring out.

but yes i agree with the hemi if it were gas. if it were a diesel i think a 4 53t detroit would be cooler than a cummins, especially in something this old.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
I've seen a couple Dodge Durango's with big block Fords stuffed in them. I never really liked the Dodge Durango.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Man, fuckit and put a new cummins in it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quit with all the pointless hating and mouth ragging already. It isnt yours and someone else if footing the bill and making the decisions. Body shape looks like good hotrod material to me. There is one of those close to me, I may pick it up to make a little hot rod rock truggy out of it.

Keep up the work and show lots of pics. I want ideas in cae I decide to build one.

what are the plans for the suspension upgrades? i read the motor and tans/transfer. thinking dana 60s?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Quit with all the pointless hating and mouth ragging already. It isnt yours and someone else if footing the bill and making the decisions. Body shape looks like good hotrod material to me. There is one of those close to me, I may pick it up to make a little hot rod rock truggy out of it.

Keep up the work and show lots of pics. I want ideas in cae I decide to build one.

what are the plans for the suspension upgrades? i read the motor and tans/transfer. thinking dana 60s?

What he said, only post it in the general 4x4 forum, not the Dodge forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts