Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
413k(pickup) DD TD. Jimny DD

Alright, this is a far from a hardcore build.. but this is a rare gem that I want too keep clean and close to stock. And who don't like rare zuks :smokin:

DD a skoda pickup now with a VAG 1.9 D which is sweet, but Its not built for my use, so the plan is to get this pickup into a nice DD. Keep it stock except for 31", different seats, 1.9TD and an ARB-bull bar

Picked it up from the original owner, with 80 000 km on it and regulary serviced at a dealer. The drive train is in perfect condition, only thing it has some rust, but not too bad. Best thing about it, it is black :evil: Actually my GF talked me into getting it as I didn't have the money to spend

Have an good TD engine available for $750,but I hope one with lower miles shows up in the spring

originally started the English version on zkrawlers, but pirate is where I belong :flipoff2:

To the pics, this is the day I picked it up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cab in incredible tiny.. I tough it would be a nightmare to DD it.. I test fitted the seats from my TT, and without the headrest they are perfect, and long trips wont be a problem. The 410pickups had the headrest bolted to the rear wall, so I need to fab something similar

DSC00376.jpg

If anyone is interested in how the pickups are manufactured I have alot of detailed pics here http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/Ducktapeforsealingquacks/

·
ZUK Herder
4,495 Posts
cool zuk .. look foward to your build

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
shuduck
those come stock with rear discs?
never mind i put my glasses on.....

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yes VAG(vw) turbo diesel, The engines outlast the cars so it should be easy getting one, and the local junk yard guy is into off road ,so he gives me a good price. 1.9td are in abundance here :flipoff2:

Drum brakes in the back, yes... The axles are similar to samurai except WMS to WMS and no handbrake on the rear drums. Same diffs, but with 3.9 instead of 3.7

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice Zuk!
I own 2 SJ413K's
It took over a year to get rid of the rust.
There's still a lot of work to do.
I look forward to seeing your progress.

Here's some pics of my SJ413k before and after sandblasting, welding and painting.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts