Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks man, I don't think I can go to Hove.. I`ll just have to headbang to some music while I work this summer instead :evil:

My tintop isn't that badass, but I need to keep the license plates :homer:

heres some pics of it

front.JPG

sandtaks skien 1.jpg

PIC_0007 (Medium).jpg

bak.jpg

this pic of it is pretty cool, eurotrail-08

normal_Resize_DSC_0911.jpg

Should happen some more with the pickup soon, my current DD is going up for sale within a couple of weeks. The seam sealer have been drying for some weeks so I should get some primer on next week I hope

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry for the hijack but can one of you truck guys help me with a stock wheelbase on a 413 pickup trying to bend the rules to get in the stock class for local comp.
and my geuss is that the long body is the same as the pickup
any help would be a big help
thanks porky
and shuduck your next build looks to cool

·
Registered
705 Posts
Man I love those trucks Shu !!

Off Topic here, but good pic of the GSXR'ed 16 valve also.........I still want to do that. I will get with you later on the pics "Again" I lost the ones you sent me a while back.

On my old rig Fletch.........I wanted to build a flat bed with fold down sides, but it didn't make it that far.

very nice rig though buddy.

Dave

·
Registered
327 Posts
sorry for the hijack but can one of you truck guys help me with a stock wheelbase on a 413 pickup trying to bend the rules to get in the stock class for local comp.
and my geuss is that the long body is the same as the pickup
any help would be a big help
thanks porky
and shuduck your next build looks to cool
93.5, same as the LWB.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Man I love those trucks Shu !!

Off Topic here, but good pic of the GSXR'ed 16 valve also.........I still want to do that. I will get with you later on the pics "Again" I lost the ones you sent me a while back.

On my old rig Fletch.........I wanted to build a flat bed with fold down sides, but it didn't make it that far.

very nice rig though buddy.

Dave
Thanks man! Just let me know when and what you need pics of and I`ll send them to you. The gixxers are set up slightly different now with snorkel. thats another project I need to finish

yes, the pickup WB is the same as the LWB

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
not doing much progress, but got the surface rust sandblasted and its now rust free except from the bed, was alot of tiny spots. Some 2k primer going on tomorrow I hope. Changed rear brake shoes and done alot of little things to get it ready for periodic vehicle control so I can get the plates on it. It sits with temp license plates now thats only legit 7th of may, so no driving yet :( the ugly stock bumper are only temp until registration

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

Trying to sqeeze this into the cab will be a challenge. Maby the 10" must be under the passenger side dash. Installed a mp3player and relocated the . uh... thingy. the stock mounting hit my knee

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
Looking good my friend...............I still want one :D

hmmm the capping the end of the stock cross member.........kinda looks familiar..............I done the rear one on mine to mount the bumper.

I just scored a Kenwood 10" sub in a box and a MTX amp. got to have loud tunes when ya driving with the doors off LOL !!

Dave

·
Registered
184 Posts
Alright, this is a far from a hardcore build.. but this is a rare gem that I want too keep clean and close to stock. And who don't like rare zuks :smokin:

DD a skoda pickup now with a VAG 1.9 D which is sweet, but Its not built for my use, so the plan is to get this pickup into a nice DD. Keep it stock except for 31", different seats, 1.9TD and an ARB-bull bar

Picked it up from the original owner, with 80 000 km on it and regulary serviced at a dealer. The drive train is in perfect condition, only thing it has some rust, but not too bad. Best thing about it, it is black :evil: Actually my GF talked me into getting it as I didn't have the money to spend

Have an good TD engine available for $750,but I hope one with lower miles shows up in the spring
originally started the English version on zkrawlers, but pirate is where I belong :flipoff2:

To the pics, this is the day I picked it up
where the f**k can i get one of these? were they sold stateside? i want one baaaaaaaad!

·
Registered
132 Posts
re:

VEry nice build. I've got one 413K that is in pieces and one that is complete and is my current project.

The cabs are very small and if I would have known how small I probably would have not bought....but now I love the truck and would not part with it.

Does the carb set up work good? I've got a 1.3 DOHC that I was going to drop in but also had the idea of the TD. just not sure.

Mine is similar to yours...a little rust. I've got a SOA and some other mods.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Looking good my friend...............I still want one :D

hmmm the capping the end of the stock cross member.........kinda looks familiar..............I done the rear one on mine to mount the bumper.

I just scored a Kenwood 10" sub in a box and a MTX amp. got to have loud tunes when ya driving with the doors off LOL !!

Dave

thanks man, a good sound system is a must have :smokin:

VEry nice build. I've got one 413K that is in pieces and one that is complete and is my current project.

The cabs are very small and if I would have known how small I probably would have not bought....but now I love the truck and would not part with it.

Does the carb set up work good? I've got a 1.3 DOHC that I was going to drop in but also had the idea of the TD. just not sure.

Mine is similar to yours...a little rust. I've got a SOA and some other mods.
I`m driving it with the stock seats now and its killing me, but luckily the seats I`m putting in will make it real comfy despite the little space available. I could not have made it my DD with stock seats(or SJ/samurai seats) :shaking:

I love the GSXR carbs, and would not trade them for any other set up. But for a DD and cruising from A to B a TD is better IMO, MPG is a factor for me also. For a play toy and cruising for fun the gixxers are perfect, although they work well enough to be on a DD. A 1.3 DOHC with gixxers would be awesome :D Got any pics of yours?? :smokin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
re: 413K pics

I've got some more work done to it. Working on a front/rear bumper. This is a slow moving project.

21 - 40 of 228 Posts