Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sprayed some paint on it today, the paint on the body panels are just temporarily, but the underside is finished. At least it looks better for the time it takes to get started on the diesel swap.

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

amplifier installed. no way in hell i have room for 6x9 behind the seats, at least not with the stock ones. might have to cut up the rear panel to get a 10" in. I need my metal when I'm driving :evil:

DSC00460.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looking good!
It makes me want to go and work on my SJ413K again.
Darn, I've got too many projects going on!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice welding Shu :)

Looking forward to seeing this complete! But I guess...a Zuk will never be finished :D

EDIT: Uuuhm..what is that thing?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Thanks buddy, its just something I made at work

Picked up a 1.9TDK from a 96 passat. It was a good runner but I don't have any more info on it... yet. Also new comfy seats with heat, total: $620 :smokin: Found out right after I picked this one up my neighbor had a 1.9 TDK I gould have gotten for almost nothing :shaking: guess Ill get it for parts . it also came with a block heater, which is nice if the temp drops to -16F as it did this winter

DSC00452.jpg

This turbo sits really high, and I don't think it will clear the hood... I don't want a scoop :(
DSC00454.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you don't want a scoop, what about moving the turbo? More work, but a better result ?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
made a mount for the vitara pump. tucked it away as much as possible, so I hope it will clear everything. Had du fab a guide wheel(from g16) to get around the water pump. I need to take some off of the guide wheel to clear the alt. belt.

All I need to do the swap now besides things that are on its way, is a 1.6 starter and exhaust parts :smokin:

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Sweet pickups :cool2:

I was about ready to debut my (homemade) version, when my 1.9L jumped time :( I just about have all the parts to get it back together, pics soon to come...

·
Registered
703 Posts
The thing that is killing me the most is that your Girl had to talk you into this! My woman's been trying to get rid of my zuki for 14 years now! You're my hero!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sweet pickups :cool2:

I was about ready to debut my (homemade) version, when my 1.9L jumped time :( I just about have all the parts to get it back together, pics soon to come...
man, that sux. why did it jump a tooth? and what went :nuke: ?

The thing that is killing me the most is that your Girl had to talk you into this! My woman's been trying to get rid of my zuki for 14 years now! You're my hero!
Yeah, she is pretty awesome :smokin: good thing your hanging on to your zuk after all those years of nagging :grinpimp:

I mounted a stock alternator today, and changed timing belt

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
man, that sux. why did it jump a tooth? and what went :nuke: ?
Honestly, I don't really know :( The Only clue I have found is evidence of a dirt-dobber nest inside the timing cover = if there was a big one in there, when I fired the engine up it could have fallen down onto the crank gear & got in between it and the belt. My shit bent 2 valves & locked up tight, so I couldn't rotate the engine to see how far out it was. Belt & tensioner was brand new. I disassembled everything, bought a new head (it fawked up the lifter galleys in the old head!), and had the inj. pump reworked (it was leaking anyway) Still need to get a new belt & gaskets, hopefully get everything back together soon and see what happens.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You've come a long way Shu...............very nice work bud !! !!

Dave

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Honestly, I don't really know :( The Only clue I have found is evidence of a dirt-dobber nest inside the timing cover = if there was a big one in there, when I fired the engine up it could have fallen down onto the crank gear & got in between it and the belt. My shit bent 2 valves & locked up tight, so I couldn't rotate the engine to see how far out it was. Belt & tensioner was brand new. I disassembled everything, bought a new head (it fawked up the lifter galleys in the old head!), and had the inj. pump reworked (it was leaking anyway) Still need to get a new belt & gaskets, hopefully get everything back together soon and see what happens.
You got me nervous now lol.. I have done timing belts more times than I remember but never a diesel. Hope you get it back together soon (pics would be cool)

You've come a long way Shu...............very nice work bud !! !!

Dave
thanks! but I wish I was moving along faster than I do. Need the pickup to be drive able next weekend when there is a zuk meet. I don't wanna rush things so I'm taking it apart after that

Got my ACME kit, very nice indeed :smokin: And some other parts. Also mounted a stock alt(dirty one only for mock up)

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

41 - 60 of 228 Posts