Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how much of a difference do the new inners really make? I know they're stronger, but it seems like the 4140s were strong enough to break lots o' birfs and r&ps. Just wondering 'cause AllPro's blowing the old ones out for cheap...they'll probably be gone before I decide which ones to buy, but at least I'll know wether or not I'm dumb for waiting.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Its 4130. How much will you save by buying a weaker product. What happens if you break it? You'll have to go buy the 4340 anyways.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Dustin said:
Its 4130. How much will you save by buying a weaker product. What happens if you break it? You'll have to go buy the 4340 anyways.
it's 4140:flipoff2: assuming he's already got stock shafts and wants to upgrade, he'll save about $129:rolleyes: I just picked up a set the other day when I was down there because I'm redoing a lot of shit anyway and for that price I have a little upgrade and can use my old shafts as spares. Maybe a comparison of 4140 to stock shafts is what he's looking for. What are the stockers, 2940 or something like that...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice...I wheel my rig hard enough to worry about breaking the stock inners, but I don't beat the crud out of it like most people here. I just don't want to buy the Allpro 41whatevers and have to upgrade 'cause they broke. I've got the new longfields and Richmond 5.29s. I was thinking the 4140s would be about as strong as the rest of my front axle...maybe they'd bust but maybe a r&p or long would go first?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts