Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much is this just a stupid idea...i mean the power would be nice but im sure its a pain in the ass to put one in.have any of you done this and what are your thoughts?
:confused:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Power comes in many useable forms. Its all dependant on how many tears you are willing to expend to get that power.

So, on those notes, if your bronc has a 351M or 400 block right now, the 429 will bolt up to the existing trans.

If not, trans swaps are a necessity. Post more info on your truck, year, engine, trans make, so on and so forth.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
What year Bronc do you have?
Huh...he posted it was an early bronco. That would be from 66-77. But to answer his question, I've see 460's in early Broncos so the 429 should not be too big a problem. Use a C6 from behind a 351M with a 205. Myself, if I was going to go that route, I'd look for an injected 460. But that's just me :D

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
Seems like alot of weight and size penalty when you can build a windsor 408 or 427 that will make the same power and out torque it..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 68 bronco but im pulling the whole drive train out of a 79 bronco if i do it..i just wonder if its worth cutting the ineer fender well etc.... and if it just way to much wait in the front.....if so then i probly stick to a 302.....just wanted some thoughts from yall....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Seems like alot of weight and size penalty when you can build a windsor 408 or 427 that will make the same power and out torque it..
i, too was thinking of the weight issue in such a short vehicle... i'd almost rather see a built 351w into a 4xx or even a 347 stroker in there... but that's me.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Randy from Performance Unlimited had a 429.
It was a screamer!
If I have a 429, I would swap my 5.0 for in a second.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My buddy has an EB with a 460, a 3/4 dana 44, 14 bolt, 35 boggers, and a heavy right foot. He something every trip. If you are going to spend the time and money on a BB then spend the time and money on a set of tons.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have a friend that is putting a 460/NP435/205 in his EB. He cut out part of the firewall to get the engine to set back a few more inches for better weight distribution.

he hasn't finished it, or even worked on it for a while, but it is going to fit just fine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used to think it couldnt be done in an EB, but after seeing a 7.3 Powerstroke and a 4.6 in EBs i guess anythings capable.
Any more info on the EB with the Powerstroke. Not that I would ever do it, but it would be interesting to see. I would think the thing would do a rear wheely all the way down the street...

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Personally, I think that would be sweet :D

Sure, its a size and weight issue, but it would just be so damn cool.

Bonus points if you screw on a roots style blower :evil:

·
Registered
23,371 Posts

A guy named Brain Broburg (his dad works for Bronco Driver) works for James duff has a power stroke in his street early Bronco. It was put in by a guy named Van "something". I think he's in NC. Yes, it is a sweet ride and it sounds pretty damn good when the turbo starts winding up:D

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I just helped a guy pull a 429 from an EB. It was a decent install with some cutting it was in front of a C6 and probably a 205 but not positive. You would need some heavier springs and something better than a 44 up front if you planned on using the HP. But it can be done. And the core support was cut to allow for the bigger motor and radiator.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Don't get me wrong... I'd never do it, probably cause I would horde the engine away for my tow rig in case it ever crapped the bed, but I think it would be pretty cool, and I'd def like to check it out!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
dont let the weight scare you off, a 385 series big block is less than 100 lbs heavier than a windsor, put on an aluminum intake and water pump and 50 of that is gone.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts