Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the subject says it all...

the only way I have come up with it is to take my 727B, and get the 4 speed auto offered in 1989 Ramcharger, and change out the mainshaft into mine, and bolt on the overdrive unit onto the back. Does this seem possible, anyone kow of a transmission that would work?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
864 Posts
you could probably get a gear vendors under/overdrive unit for less than that project. plus it would be a lot stronger. its taken dodge a while to get a reliable OD trans. 1989 is closer to the begining of the OD's.

or there are plenty of adaplters that would allow you to run a chevy OD trans.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The overdrive units from 518,46re,47, 618, yada yada will not fit 727 cases, there was a drastic change in the rear of the case for the overdrive unit. The od is much larger in area where it bolts to the case than the regular extensions for 727s, there is nothing there for bolts to go into on a 727. They never made b motor cases for the overdrive. Diesel tranny would be good with an engine to tranny adapter plate but they're about 500$, slap a gas tranny governor and pump rotors in the diesel tranny and you're good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts