Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I searched and I found part # 07RJ2047P...they are supposed to be 7 leaf from jc whitney....

I went to jcwhitney.com and that part # does not show up, at least where I am looking. Instead they list part # 07ZX2048P, they also are "heavy duty 7 leaf front springs" for $99 each. So can someone confirm this or am I just way off?? I don't really want to order the wrong ones.....thanks, Dave:D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
44044's are the lifted Rancho waggy springs. The part #'s you came up with are the part numbers for stock replacement springs.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
44044 IS the rancho part # :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i think thay are 2" lifted springs but not sure.you could call FWPW and ask what lift and aplication the rancho 44044's are. then go to JC whitney and get the same. if its to stiff remove leafs.but like camo said 44044 is the part # for rancho

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
camo said:
44044 IS the rancho part # :rolleyes:
Well tie me up and call me silly....or a dumbass. I forgot all about that part #:rolleyes:

Thanks camo....:D

·
Registered
994 Posts

44044 is the part number and you cant get them from JCwhitney

4wheelparts stocks them for around 130 each jsut give them that nuber they will know what your talking about...

they give aprox 5in lift on a toy mine is around 7in with 2in drop hangers

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
ok some clarification,

44044's - wagoner or wrangler springs?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Anybody know the # for 911

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
crash said:
Anybody know the # for 911
You ain't kidding - that is about what this feels like :laughing:

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
So 44044's are working well for use in runners and other yotas I take it? :) Im new to this and might have an 85 on my hands in a few weeks. I'm thinking 44044's up front and 63" chevy's of some sort in the rear. What do you think?
Scott

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
1badPOS said:
I'm thinking 44044's up front and 63" chevy's of some sort in the rear. What do you think?
Scott
i think it could work. you might be the first one to try, let us know how it turns out...............

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Those of you running 44044's on 1985 or below, how did you mount them in respect to differance of the width of the 44044's since they are 1/4" wider. BTW i have seen some people bend open the spring mount to make room for the spring, is that safe.
Also beside fabbing up a new spring hanger.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
On using YJ springs, I have shaved bushings and used a grinder to take some off the spring itself at the eye... worked well :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
i did the same just take alittle off each side

Not to be stupid, but the YJ is also 3.0" right. How did it fit after a little grinding? Like a glove? Thanks guys. I thought about having it machined/milled down, i then thought it would be a pain in the ass. Looks like i'm gonna use the 44044. BTW i have been contemplating this forever, except i didn't wanna bend my hangers.:beer: SEE ya later Allpro:D

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
Ok OK,
Im a moron, and I've read that before :D Looks like I know what my lift is gonna be when I get this runner next weekend. :p
Scott

1 - 18 of 18 Posts