Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and can't find what I am looking for. I am running 44044's all around I made up new 2.5 spring hangers for the front. Do you have to spread the mounts futher apart or just leave in the stock loaction? What length on the shackles for front and rear. Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
you need to give a lot more info. what axles, tire size, and such for this to be accuratly answered. i am runnning 60's front and rear. i have a 85 cj7. yes you have to outboard the front axle mounts if you are running full widths. use the search tool and search under my name. i asked to see some pics of others outboarded mounts b4 i made mine. so there are a lot of pics of them. shackle length all depends on tires too.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I already have my springs outboarded for my scout dana 44.
Well I am going with a 60 and 44044's springs. They are longer then the previous springs I have so I was wondering How far should I have my spring hangers {fixed one/ shackle one} apart for good shackle angles. The springs are 43 1/2 inches long from bolt hole to bolt hole. So my ? is do I put my spring hangers 43 1/2 inches apart or a alittle less/more for when the spring compress out when sitting on axle Taking the weight of vehicle and shackle angles?

·
Registered
324 Posts
well hook the spring up to the shackel, then move the spring towards teh rear of the jeep and look at your shackle angle. you will see it move back. since the springs have no weight on them they are almost at full droop. take the shackle angle to what would be full droop then move it in s little since the axle weight will put it down a little more. i moved my rear hanger back about 1.75 inches i believe. but had also moved my front one. point is .play with it untill it looks right. surly someone will chime in with pics and more to offer. wish i had some to show. scott

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you. I was going to do that but figure with so many people using them springs it would be an quick answer.

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
324 Posts
yea its not a quick answer because with soooo many differnat shaclke lenghts, vehicles weights, how many sprigns in teh pack you are running, it makes it change for everything. its more of a hold it up there till it looks right deal. good luck, scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts