Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, we need to come up with at least one chase crew that wants to chase the first 220 miles of race course from the start line to San Felipe/Puertocitos.

This crew will not be able to catch the race vehicle for a LONG time if they wish to continue the chase, but they certainly could catch up say, by RM 700 (they have to go back around as puertocitos road becomes the race course, and then turns to a dirt road.

So we either need to get some of our current volunteers to do this leg, or we need to find some new guys to do it. Ideally two vehicles would be nice, but one should be enough.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Lance,

Chat with Mike S. about what his plans are for me. I will have a Ranger Prerunner down there and a F250 with a trailer behind it. This is my first time down there, so I am not sure what to expect, but I am willing to offer my vehicles anywhere they can help.

Shad

·
Registered
857 Posts
Lance,

Chat with Mike S. about what his plans are for me. I will have a Ranger Prerunner down there and a F250 with a trailer behind it. This is my first time down there, so I am not sure what to expect, but I am willing to offer my vehicles anywhere they can help.

Shad
Shad your plate is going to be very full. You will have to be at Cocos for the driver change.

Scott if your cool with chasing to SF Ithink you would be a good one for it. We also have as Jeepspeed chase truck that will only be chasing the hwy 3 side and maybe we can just have you go as far as the turn for mikes and then the Jeepspeed pit guys can have a pit set up in SF for both cars. That way you can get back over to hwy 1 before the 3rd driver gets in.

What do you think Lance?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Shad your plate is going to be very full. You will have to be at Cocos for the driver change.

Mike, no problem, I will be following your lead.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Chew Chief for 2 teams and driving both cars:eek: can I help with the Pirate coverage to?:flipoff2:

Mike.....and you say my plate is full, I didn't know you were a magician too.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

Scott if your cool with chasing to SF Ithink you would be a good one for it. We also have as Jeepspeed chase truck that will only be chasing the hwy 3 side and maybe we can just have you go as far as the turn for mikes and then the Jeepspeed pit guys can have a pit set up in SF for both cars. That way you can get back over to hwy 1 before the 3rd driver gets in.

What do you think Lance?
No problem.

Just keep in mind that someone chasing for 118 should hang out at BFG 3 just South of San Felipe until 118 hits BFG 4/Cocos on the other side. The Jeepspeed guys are not done with 118 when the car leaves BFG 3. There is about 63 miles of race course that appears only accessible by driving on the course from BFG 3 towards Cocos.

What spares do we have for 118?

Scott

·
Registered
857 Posts
No problem.

Just keep in mind that someone chasing for 118 should hang out at BFG 3 just South of San Felipe until 118 hits BFG 4/Cocos on the other side. The Jeepspeed guys are not done with 118 when the car leaves BFG 3. There is about 63 miles of race course that appears only accessible by driving on the course from BFG 3 towards Cocos.

What spares do we have for 118?

Scott

You mean BFG 2?

Im not sure on spares, Dave?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
You mean BFG 2?

Im not sure on spares, Dave?
Correct, I was looking at the check points thinking they were the planned BFG pits. Based on 2006, BFG pit 2 will be at Puertecitos.

I was thinking you would have a crew hanging out at BFG 2/Puertecitos- south of San Felipe. My concern is that once I head back towards Ensenada to head down 1, I am WAY out of position if anything happens between Puertecitos & Cocos.

Do we have confirmed BFG pit locations for this year?

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Dave or Mike, do we know if San Ignacio is a BFG pit, that's about the 1/2 point.... by the looks of it

This is going to be fun....:smokin:

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BFG Pits are:

1. San Matias
Just before Mike's Sky Ranch Rd
BFG Box Van

2. South Puertecitos
Leduc T/T

3. Bay of LA