Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a sudden urge to build my first ar style gun (18 yrs old, never had one i could legally call my own). I wanna build a 458 but need a shove in the right direction as far as what company to order my upper, lower, etc etc from.

Looked at rock river but theyve got some deal where youve gotta find a rra dealer to buy it.

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts
I hope you have two jobs to buy ammo.

I've seen a Tromix upper, but that was years ago. I don't think they make them anymore.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Find a .458 barrel and stick it on any upper you want. The ejection port needs to be milled out a little. You cant use the trap door.

EDIT: Of course you need to open the bolt face

Thats all there is to it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were can i find the specs for amount of powder in the rounds? I reload my own and will likely reload these. Searched but didn find anything but bullet weight

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Yea, you can buy the upper direct from RRA.

Buy the A4 operator mid length, that way when you get tired of it and decide to sell it, you can come back here and PM me. You better keep your receipt though. I'll buy it for exactly what you paid, minus shipping and minus one dollar for each round you claim to have fired, plus 25 cents for each once fired brass you give me with it. Sound fair?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Were can i find the specs for amount of powder in the rounds? I reload my own and will likely reload these. Searched but didn find anything but bullet weight
Did you Google reloading data .458 SOCOM?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
I said brain storming building it not researching, i just started looking for everything monday.
I guess the level of mental capacity or knowledge around here must run a lil deeper than where you're from. To the guys here, the fact that 99% of the complete uppers are drop on is common knowledge. Also, the fact that any reading you do on .458 will tell you the same, and will tell you the case dimensions as compared to .223, and will tell you that .458 fits in a standard AR magazine, you should KNOW the aforementioned fact, just by reading and using your brain.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
I'm not tryina be a dick, but the info is out there, all you gotta do is search. I did my research.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I asked about the upper being drop on because ive heard its a "specialty" i did not now if it would be any different. Ive been around the ar style rifles for years with my dad and ex police officer of 30 years but i was always the long range rifle guy.

should have researched more sorry for my iggnorance.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
like I said, teppo jutsu.

Two questions:
Where do you live?

What do you want it for?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts