Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all have another cj2a build using a kubota v2203 here. Sites been great for alot of info on this swap. Figured id add mine to it.

My old man bought this willys 25 ish years ago, I grew up being thrashed around the woods in this old girl! He has planned on doing a oddfire swap to it about 15 years ago but the jeep actually go into a accident and was totaled on the way to the garage, so it was tossed under the barn with a couple other willys. about 8 years ago I pull one of the others out was a 53 3a , got it running and driving around the fields. familiarized myself with the engine, trans, transfer and axles before diving into the 46. We drove to nh and purchased a decent frame off a guy and I got to work stripping the frame, sand blasting ,boxing it in, plating the bottom and all new mounts and brackets. went had for a summer working on it but then realized the amount of money and time the project was going to take and being 23 I didnt have much money or time so it went back into the barn. Finally pulled it back out this summer and thought I would freshen up the 225 buick that was originally planned for her, Once I opened it up I realized it was going to need a 100% overhaul, boring, etc

So I figured if I was going to spend all the money doing that I would rather use my own vision for a motor swap, Choosing a Kubota v2203, overland adapter to gm 420 trans, warn overdrive, Overland turbo kit, advanced adapters to dana 18 t-case, rebuilt 25 and 41 axles, lunch box lockers, disk brake conversion all the way around, 4" lift, 32" swamppers, power steering, intercooler, warn 8742 and a few other goodies

I did also start a YouTube channel for this build and will be up loading a bunch of video's along the way https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GREk2eSxol0qgXni37bRw

As she sits now I am held up on a few parts to get the ball really rolling, picked the v2203 up in mass last weekend was a running unit out of a reefer trailer, guy started it on a stand but said he was told it needed a head gasket, got it home cleaned up and all the carrier equipment pulled off waiting for the new oil a pan and head gasket to show up this week.
Have the gm adapter kit ready to go, 420 x dana 18 kit will be in this week along with the axle overhaul kits, really hope to have it all mated together and ground fired but the middle of next week!

cant wait to hear her purr!

Attachments

·
Willys Fan
841 Posts
Great project! Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. The Kubota swap seems like a great one - kind of preserves the original layout of the engine bay but with way more torque!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts