Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Allright guys this is the first time I am reveling what I have been working on for the past few months so go easy on me!! :flipoff2: Besides everyone else has a project thread why not me!

Here are pics of when I got it and started the whole project..

Right now its sittin real high so hopefully it settles alot when I get everything in it! Look like I need to step up to a 40" tire now! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its a 48 Willys (body and frame) Spring over yj springs in the front with a shakle reversal, rear 1/4 eliptical (working on a four link) fully boxed frame and legthened wb to 100", 35" boggers riding on dana 44s front and rear. The engine going in is a Chevy Small block 400 bolted to a th350 and stock dana 18 tcase. I have a ton more to do on it just wanted to post a pic with it sitting on all four again! Still need to set up the hydro streering, drivelines, interior (seats, column, gauges) also will be bending a custom cage for it eventually. I will still need to set up the whole brake system also (rear discs and willwood dual master cylinders)

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Looks good. Will you trade me your Spicer 18 for my Atlas :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
redneckengineered said:
Looks good. Will you trade me your Spicer 18 for my Atlas :flipoff2:

Andrew, I'll trade you a full '48 CJ2A for your Atlas. :flipoff2:

BTW: Are you and Shania still together? And are you back in Chattanooga now?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
f0cker said:
Andrew, I'll trade you a full '48 CJ2A for your Atlas. :flipoff2:

BTW: Are you and Shania still together? And are you back in Chattanooga now?
Hey Fawker! Take it to PMs or shit chat huh and quit tryin to pad ur post count! This is supposed to be tech! :flipoff2: :shaking:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Po' riggity said:
You always double post to pad? :flipoff2:
Joop looks good.

Whoops stupid bb is screwed up tonight and I thought it didnt go through the first time when it said website is not responding. :flipoff2: :p

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok got a bit of progress goin on my junk today here are a couple of new pics...

did some hacking to the rear fenders,

Got my motor mounts all welded in

finnally built my bridge for my links and cleaned up the axle a bit

Attachments

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Keep em coming man.. its making me wanna go tear mine apart and finally get the damn tranny fixed, but NOOO I gotta work 6 days this week.. Fawk :(
Scott

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll post em just as soon as I get my butt in gear here and keep workin on my junk! The biggest factor is gathering the metal together being as how the metal shop is closed when I get home from work, but I am gettin it figured out!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
hotcowboy76 said:
I'll post em just as soon as I get my butt in gear here and keep workin on my junk! The biggest factor is gathering the metal together being as how the metal shop is closed when I get home from work, but I am gettin it figured out!
what about hitting up ptown steel on your lunch break?
Where did you end up getting those pieces of tube for the bushings?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ptown steel is way to fricken expensive! But I guess I could if I had to. I will soon be working at Fastenal so my metal shortage days will be long gone! The tube for the bushings has yet to be found. I just bought 3 feet of 2" X .250 DOM just to find out the 1.5" yj bushing is too small to fit inside. I am going to try the 1.25" smaller yj bushing with 1.5" X .120 DOM as soon as I get a chance to get down to modesto steel.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I havnt really ever compaired ptown steel to anywhere else. But I think Ive always had some good deals. But I havnt bought any DOM, I just use sc40. :D

Modesto would be way to far for me to go to get steal. :eek:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts